It is a great honor for us in Tanta University, Egypt to invite electrical power engineering specialists and experts to our 21st edition of the International Middle East Power Systems Conference (MEPCON 2019), which will be held in Cairo from 17-19 December 2019. This conference provides a forum for researchers, scientists and engineers to present their latest research and development achievements, along with exchanging useful information and experiences in all ﬁelds related to electrical power and energy.
Started in 1989, MEPCON has been organized twenty times. Each edition is organized by an Egyptian governmental university, decided by the MEPCON steering committee. This year we will celebrate the 30th anniversary of MEPCON! During these three decades, MEPCON became the greatest electrical power engineering event in Egypt and Middle East region.
Arrange your schedule to contribute, attend and share us a successful MEPCON 2019, in a fantastic mixture of the exciting Egyptian history and modern technology!
Looking forward to seeing you in Cairo, December 2019.
Conference General Chairman
Prof. Essam Eddin M. Rashad
Head of Electrical Power and Machines Engineering Department
Faculty of Engineering
Tanta University, Egypt
All papers must be original and not simultaneously submit- ted to another journal or conference.
Papers are limited to six pages of A4 or letter format. An additional 2 pages can be included at extra fee. Authors must adhere to the IEEE Conference paper format.
Received papers will be subjected to double blind review. So please remove the author names from the uploaded PDF file.
Submission link: Click here
Follow us on
- Aug 10, 2019
- Paper Submission Deadline
- Sept 15, 2019
- Paper Acceptance Notification
- Oct 15, 2019
- Early Registration Deadline
Topics of MEPCON 2019 interest includes, but not limited to:
- Power Systems Planning, Operation and Optimization.
- Power System Analysis, Modeling and Simulation.
- Electrical Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution.
- Analysis and Design of Electrical Machines.
- Electric Drives.
- Power Electonics Topologies, Modulation and Applications.
- Electric and Hybrid-Electric Vehicles (EV/EHV).
- Control and Measurements of Power Systems.
- Energy Management and Marketing.
- Renewable Energy Technologies.
- Power Quality.
- Artificial Intelligence Applications in Energy and Power Systems.
- Smart Grids and Cyber Security.
- AC and DC Micro-grids.
- Automation Technologies and Applications.
- Distributed Generation and Hybrid Energy Systems.
- Protection and Fault Diagnosis of Power Systems.
- High Voltage Engineering.
- Superconductivity and Nanotechnology in Power Systems.
- Power Engineering Education.
- Energy and Environment.